Wednesday, May 25, 2005

what old couples do

I drove my mom and dad to the hospital this morning for their colonoscopy appointments. They didn't want to risk exploding in the bus or a taxi on the way. I drove carefully and we made it er, cleanly to our destination.

Driving away, I thought it was kind of romantic that they did this together - the fasting and the industrial strength laxative purges, then that tense trip to the hospital and what must have been an uncomfortable wait for an even less comfortable procedure, together.

I wonder, when Andy and I are an old couple, will one of our adult kids drive us to the hospital for tandem butt camera examinations? I asked them this when I came home, and they just wanted to know if Grandma and Grandpa had a video of their insides. Sure, we can go over to their place, make some popcorn and play "Guess Whose Colon This Is????"

Makes you want to write a poem or something. Michele says it's a bad idea but she's always been too modest. I know Mom and Dad will love it.

question: do you think it's romantic?

mompoet - really glad I'm still too young for fiber optic colo-rectal spelunking

ps Results were good - no stalactites
pps I mean it about the poem

No comments: