Friday, May 13, 2005

Didn't Know this Existed

I saw these guys doing their thing outside the gas station Wednesday morning:

http://www.pacificbarkblowers.com/

They had a big truck and a long hose that looked like a vaccum hose but worked in reverse. They were blowing bark onto the garden beds. The sign on the truck said:

"Bark, compost or soil blown ANYWHERE you want!"

On the steps of the Legislature??

I don't know, I guess it's a cost-effective way to pretty up garden beds, but it seems to me to be in the same category as the power washer for leaves or blossoms on the driveway. Why use gallons of high-pressure water when a broom will work too? Why blow mulch with a big noisy truck when you could dump, shovel and rake. I suspect it's a guy thing.

question: why blow?

mompoet - slow and simple most of the time

No comments: