Friday, May 06, 2005

We have a Fifteen Year Old

Happy Birthday Alex! You are 15 today. You are bigger than I am, and more hairy (well, most days) and I can slip on your shoes without unlacing them when I need to take out the trash.

Fifteen years ago I had absolutely no idea what life would be like with you in it. Now that I know, I'm glad nobody could have told me. It's very exciting just figuring it out as we go along.

You are now allowed to drink coffee. You already ride the bus by yourself. Soon we'll stop telling you when to go to bed. Funny, we usually go to bed before you do, these days, but you know when we expect you to turn in, and you're very precise about honouring that.

Thanks Bud, for being such a remarkable person. You are a very important part of my growing up. I'm glad to be part of yours.

question: how did the time go by so fast?

mompoet - experienced

No comments: