Sunday, May 08, 2005

Lotsa Coaster

I rode The Coaster 21 times today. So now I'm up to 25 (one quarter of the way to my goal of 100 this year). There won't be another day as easy as this one, I'm sure. It was Mother's Day, and it was raining lightly. Most of the time there were zero lineups. We just kept getting off the ride, running around to the loading zone and going again. We paused for lunch after about 15 rides then continued. It was lovely. On ride number 8 my cell phone popped out of my pants pocket and went flying into the grass beneath the ride. One of the maintenance guys retrieved it for me just a few minutes later, no damage done. I rode on the front and the back and in the middle, with Andrew and solo. Riding solo in the front is definitely the very best. Daughter and son each brought a friend, and Andrew decided to leave a bit early to spend some time with his mom. So I was all on my own for ride number 21, which was sweet - bright grey sky, everything damp and fresh, the slopes and curves as familiar as a favourite song. After it was over I found the kids and we headed for home. It was a good Mother's Day.

question: is this the definition of "time well wasted?"

mompoet - maximum elevation and acceleration

No comments: