Saturday, May 28, 2005

soooo not Martha

Lest my previous post convey an inaccurate impression I will share this brief confession:

Today I took apart the cedar wreath that I made for our front door in December. It has been sitting in the corner of the carport getting dry and brown until now. I know it's still better than buying a plastic wreath and leaving it up all year, but I did feel pretty much like the slovenly housewife of who-cares. Then I told my neighbour and she confided that the dried-out Christmas tree is still in her back yard.

The garage sale went well. We sold the dresser, but the $1 each computer monitor and colour TV are still waiting for new homes. Lots of people have expressed intense affection for the red metal bunkbed but so far nobody is willing to commit $30 and cart it away. Oh well, maybe I'll open a bed and breakfast in the carport. It smells lovely and cedar-y in there.

question: who cares?

mompoet - nope nope, definitely not

No comments: