Saturday, January 07, 2006

Not born on the fourth of July or in a Prime Year

My Dad took a look at 1961 and got right back to me (also analysing birth years of my siblings):

When I tested divisibility by primes up through 31 I thought 1961 probably would be a prime. But 1961 = 37 x 53. So that takes care of you.

1963 = 13 x 151, taking care of Barbara.

1965 is interesting since 1965 = 3 x 5 x 13. Does that make Michael more complex than his sisters?

The largest prime less than 1961 is 1951, and your mother and I hadn't met then. Anyway, in that year she was 18 or 19 and I was 15 or 16 and I don't know if we would have been ready for each other yet, let alone ready for parenthood. The smallest prime larger than 1965 is 1973 by which time your mother was 40 or 41, which is getting on towards dangerously late.

So blame your grandparents, who should have started either earlier or later.
question: are you born in a prime year?

mompoet - still smiling without an overbite or a prime number birth year

3 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

no (1966) I don't think so -- no
Andrew

mompoet said...

I feel very sad for even numbers (not for people born in them, but for the numbers themselves). But perhaps you were conceived in an odd number?
mp

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

good point --- I really first existed in the mid. 1965 --- there you go!
jal