Sunday, January 22, 2006

minutes after capturing their image the photographer ate her subjects


I have heard that eggplants are either male of female, and that one or the other is better to eat. But I don't know how to tell, so I'm not sure if this photograph depicts a same-sex encounter or not. I used the Moosewood Low Fat Favourites Cookbook recipe to make a yummy tomato and herb sauce with roasted eggplant, that I served with pasta and feta cheese. It is yummy. Carol, you should give it a chance. Do you like it in a tree? Do you like it by the sea? Would you eat it in a yurt? Would you eat it in the dirt?

question: does anyone know how to sex an eggplant?

mompoet - aubergines are all good to me

5 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I love the photo, Sam I am ---Andrew

Unknown said...

I'd tell you, but the censors would accuse me of being too graphic!::EVIL GRIN::

Carol said...

I kinda don't know what to say...same-sex eggplants, uh...

mompoet said...

Andrew,
Thank you, thank you Sam I am. Now you like them in a frame. Those who do not, I do not blame. Wanton eggplants have no shame.

Shrinking Man
Thanks for the visit! I will make sure not to let you anywhere near my eggplants!

Carol
I fear I have just given you another reason to shun egglplants. Oh well. More for me.

Thanks friends,
mp

Carol said...

Mompoet,
I wanted to see if you might be interested in writing a poem for possible this Friendly Friday. You wrote a one minute poem awhile back for your friend- http://mompoet.blogspot.com/2005/12/poem-for-friend.html
I thought it would almost do for the march with a bit of tweaking. What do you say? Are you interested?