Monday, January 16, 2006

I just volunteered again

to help select a new minister for our church. The congregation elected a committee to look at applications, meet candidates and recommend a new minister. I was surprised to be chosen, being pretty new at all of this. I am honoured and also a bit scared.

Our old minister retired about 18 months ago, and the great big church provided us with an interim minister for 2 years, who I wish we could keep but it doesn't work like that. So now we have to choose. It will be a new experience for me, and an important responsibility. I'll be working with some very good people. We'll do a good job.

question: did you ever hire a minister?

mompoet - leaping into the unknown with faith and optimism

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hopefully, it won't be like finding a good doctor.

mompoet said...

I sure hope not, Carol! Upon waking this morning I realised that we have God helping us, so it won't be so bad after all.
mp