Tuesday, September 13, 2005

looks like a lemon, feels like a grape

I thought I was doing so fine with the changes of the season and goodbye to Barb and her family, then I was driving to work listening to Joni Mitchell singing "The Circle Game," (the seasons, they go round and round and the painted ponies go up and down. We're captives on the carousel of time...) and I thought how grown up my niece and nephews will be when I next see them and BOOOOOOHOOOOO! Then I regained my composure and went into the office and told my friend Robin about it and she told me the storyline to a country music song she heard on the radio about a teenage girl with cancer who goes to the prom and her date shaves his head to make her feel better and BOOOOOHOOOO!

Geeeez. I guess I am sad. Lucky I can deal with being slightly embarassed and there are people around me who love me and understand.

Meantime, I'm not reading any hallmark cards or looking at velvet paintings of large-headed children with sad eyes.

question: have you had a thin-skinned day lately?

mompoet - love is hard but good

No comments: