Thursday, October 07, 2004

Go Team(s) Vancouver

The first ever Canadian Spoken Word Olympics are happening right now in Ottawa. Vancouver sent two teams to compete. I hope they both win (but I'm really voting for team 2). I came close to making it onto that team, and will work hard to improve my chances for next time. I wish I could be there to cheer on our teams, and soak up the talent and energy that must be buzzing around this event. Also, it must be interesting to be in Ottawa during the first days of the minority government. I bet there will be less bickering and more sporting behaviour in the halls of slam than in the halls of parliament this week.

Yay Vancouver! Hurray Slam! Come home happy Teams 1 & 2!

Question: If Jean Charest isn't Prime Minister of Canada after all, could he maybe be a judge at a poetry slam?

Mompoet - keeping the faith


No comments: