Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring has almost broken

It's daylight saving time already. The birds have been screaming every morning. Outside it's raining enough to flood the local roadways. It must be spring (almost).

In just one week, for the first time since I can remember, our whole family will take a vacation from work and school together for Spring Break. Up until now it's been Andy and the kids' show, because I've never had enough weeks of holidays, but I'm up to 4 weeks of paid vacation a year now. Most of my friends at work get a lot more, but I quit my job when the kids were little, then started over when they were both in school, so I've been playing catch-up.

This year we'll all be off. We've decided to stay home and re-do the basement to make it more up-to-date and inviting for the kids and their friends. Fiona and I looked at paint colours online. We'd like to paint it a bold colour called "licorice stick" as in red licorice. We'll get a sample from the paint store this week to be sure.

Also for spring break we have wart surgery for the dog, buying fabrics for Anne of Green Gables costumes, festival rehearsals and at least one ladies' night for me (Beadworks and the pub, in that order). It will be nice to jump off the merry-go-round and watch the spring rise up all around us.

For now, we will finish up the stuff that needs to be done at work and school, and begin the countdown.

question: do you see spring around you?

mompoet - thinking about licorice

No comments: