Sunday, March 18, 2007

Good Movie

I saw The Lives of Others yesterday with my mom and dad. It's a great movie. It made me think about a time in my life - 1989 when the Berlin wall fell, also we had the massacre at Tianamen Square. Our first child was born soon after that, and I remember wondering if the world was getting better or worse, and what would be the nature of our son's reality as he grew up. I'm still wondering. My dad says it's not getting better or worse. It's just getting different. I think he's right, and I also think that human nature will always will be the same, and that people do change and can change themselves and their world to a different different if they can find the courage and will.

If you get a chance, this is one worth seeing. If you are like me, you will leave the theatre jittery with thinking and feeling.

question: what about this world of ours?

mompoet - interested in change and sameness, sometimes courageous

1 comment:

Muhd Imran said...

Funny how I surfed into your blog about the world that we humans can change for a "different" one.

I agree with your Dad. A wise man indeed.

There is so much we can do, but when mother nature strikes, unleashing its wrath, funny how humans forget their differences between shores and race and band together to help each other.

Indonesia has the worst so far from natural to human calamity. Those poor people.