Monday, March 19, 2007

I like the Fire

After listening a couple more times, I have decided that I do like Arcade Fire's Neon Bible CD. It takes some getting used to, but it's worth it. Here's the New York Times article about the band and the CD, that gives some insight into the people and their work. Things I like about this CD: its drama and denseness of sounds and thoughts, themes of faith, alienation, self-doubt and hope for something better, the variety different song-forms, the idea of recording an entire concept album in a church turned into a recording studio and living space. The things I had to get past: darkness, gothic style, murky sound in parts. I get annoyed easily by purposeful obscurity, but that's just me.

All in all, I like it, especially My Body is a Cage and Intervention

question: have you seen my yellow felt marker?

mompoet - doing okay without it now

No comments: