Monday, March 12, 2007

bust it, break it, wreck it, ruin it

That's what my Dad says when things start flying around. And they have been flying. I'm going through a bit of a spell of "can't hold onto a two handled hand-holder even if it's holding my hand too." Last night I broke a glass jar lid with my head. It was one of those fancy q-tip jars for your bathroom, with an ornamental glass lid. I picked it up to put it away and somehow launched the lid through the air in a trajectory that ended just above my right eyebrow. I am 99.9% certain that it broke there on my sturdy skull, before falling to the counter and exploding out to the tile bathroom floor, but I don't have the video to prove it.

Rushing to make some salad dressing to pack in my lunch this morning, I spilled olive oil all over the top and down the front of the stove. Yuk. I guess it could have been worse. It could have been fish sauce or molasses. But still!

I walked from the gym to my car today, after my workout, and noticed at the last minute that my gold chain and cross were dangling from the corner of a pocket in the bag, just about to fall to the ground. How it worked its way out of the little pouch where I safely stow rings and necklaces when I work out, I don't know. Luckily I saw it and rescued it.

For the rest of the day I drove carefully, handled my glass of water with utmost respect, and wore a bib to eat the salad (well, that part's an exaggeration). I did turn my computer keyboard upside down and shake rye krisp crumbs out of it when the Info Services guy came to update my computer to daylight savings time. I didn't want him to think I was totally trashing the equipment!

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I didn't drop my earrings behind the couch or my cell phone in the toilet, and I'm pretty sure I did not run over anyone or thing while driving. Some days you just have to be extra careful.

question: break anything lately?

mompoet - hypothesising what I could break with my elbow (a paper plate), my nose (a ping pong ball), my baby toe (a crocodile's hangnail)

1 comment:

Lazy Daisy said...

Oh my, sounds like you were on a collison course with the universe. Hope you put flares around your work space to alert others.

Hope you and gravitiy don't have any more collisions.