Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Keep it or chuck it - salty swans

These are salt cellars. They were given to us as a wedding gift by Andy's old boss and his wife. See the little sticks coming out of the swans' butts? Those are tiny little salt scoopers. The wings open to reveal the salt kept inside the swan. You scoop a bit of salt and sprinkle it on your eggs or whatever. They are very fancy. I think we have only used them as ornaments. They have lived on our basement wall unit on the shelf above the puzzles and board games since we bought our house about 14 years ago. Description: glass and silver-plate salt cellars; barely used; must provide your own salt. Value: I have no idea whatsoever. Never bought these, never even saw them in a store. Secret powers: amazing catnip containers or possible props for a home-made godzilla movie.

so please help me decide, do I

keep them? or chuck them?

mompoet - I forgot to starch and iron my doilies, gotta go!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good garage sale material.

mompoet's dad

Carol said...

I don't know. They look something on the Antique Road Show.

Lazy Daisy said...

What you would give up swans with scoops coming out of their butts....are you mad? I agree with Carol I would at least check them out on Ebay because of the novelity of the item.

mompoet said...

Sell, sell, sell...sell the salt cellars? Hmmm, maybe this will be my first foray onto ebay. Worth it in adventure value if nothing else. Thanks Dad, Carol and Lazy Daisy for the encouragement. I think first, thought, I'm going to make a ratzilla comic with these swans featuring as swan boats in Central Park. That will be fun!
mp

David Edward said...

list em on ebay - charge ten dollars for shipping.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

don't know what in the world you would do with those --- :)

mompoet said...

C'mon Andrew, tell us your idea...really!
mp

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

they kind of look like lighters -- maybe it's just the thing sticking out the back --- don't know====