Sunday, March 12, 2006

Prairie Fire Tommy Douglas Biopic

Alex, my 15 year old, and I just watched part one of Prairie Fire on CBC TV. It was really good. We'll tune in for part 2 tomorrow night for sure. I was impressed as always with Alex's knowlege of federal politics (he pointed out to me in the House of Parliament scene where Stephen Harper sits today) and by his enthusiasm for the political ideals of Tommy Douglas and the CCF/NDP. He's a pretty funny kid too. During the scene where Tommy and Irma have a baby, Alex blurted out, "Hey that's Kiefer Sutherland's mom!" Seriously, the movie is good, balancing the political and personal details of the life of a man who changed Canada for the better. I'm a sucker for stuff like this, I know. But the campaign montage set against Tommy's famous Mouseland speech just got me good.

If you saw part 1, let me know what you thought. If not, be sure to catch part 2. For once, something good on tv. Thanks CBC.

question: what kind of cats have we got?

mompoet - mice are my heroes

2 comments:

Carol said...

I didn't get to see part I. Maybe my daughter taped it. He was an incredible at giving speeches. I saw him giving the one on Mouseland. Wow!!

Carol said...

Yes, she taped it and I watched both this evening. Fabulous! I am so proud to be from Canada.
(What is Klein doing??)