Monday, March 27, 2006

New Bathroom Passes the Winery Test


The new bathroom is great for baths and showers and other bathroom activities. It is also a good winery. I make wine at home. This weekend I bottled 10 gallons of wine in my bathroom. I reckon it's the cleanest room in the house right after I've sanitized eveything. I have been making wine this way for at least 10 years. It's very good. When we did the renos we built a special little notch under the counter exactly the right size for my carboys, so I can store 2 5-gallon jugs of wine in my bathroom until they are ready to bottle. Yum.

question: what do you do in a room in your house that people wouldn't expect?

mompoet - I got a floor corker, yup I shore do.

3 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

Here's a little known fact about you! Is there prohibition in Canada?

mompoet said...

Aw heck no! It's a hobby, and it's cheap. My mom has always made wine at home, so I make wine at home.
mp

Emily said...

I have a studio in my dining room...fortunately, I don't have to sterilize it for use! I wish I could make wine...looks like fun.