Sunday, February 05, 2006

you know when you are determined not to like a movie

then you like it after all?

Andy brought home Fever Pitch with Drew Barrymore on dvd. I like Drew Barrymore, sure, but I had never heard of this movie (I am a review snob!) and it just looked like a stupid romantic comedy (I am a dvd cover art snob!) But I watched it with the family. And I loved it more than I was prepared to admit, until the credits rolled and I saw it's a Farrelly Brothers movie. Then I was happy to admit it (I am a credits snob!)

So I guess it's time I get around to watching The Ringer, which I will probably love too. I should know by now but I fight it. I am a sucker for a big simple-looking dork of a movie that turns out to have a heart and a brain. I just like to pretend I don't like it until I am sure. And the credits still validate it for me.

question: how old do I have to be to just like something because I like it?

mompoet - struggling to overcome my something-or-other

No comments: