Saturday, February 25, 2006

naked rumoli (names changed to protect the innocent)


We went over to Lucy and Ricky's place to play Rumoli with a few of the neighbours. One couple, Fred and Wilma, did not come because they were at Bam Bam's basketball game. Anyway. About 10pm, Fred calls to say they're home from the game. Wilma's staying home, but Fred will be over soon. By this time we have been playing (and shouting at each other) for about 2 hours. So we devise a plan to trick Fred.

We design a fetching tableau of "strip Rumoli." The men take off their shirts and tuck up to the table so they look naked. Lucy gets really bold and takes off her shirt, so she's playing Rumoli in her bra. I'm not so bold, but I decide to leave my shirt on and take off my bra. (All women know this skill by the way - how to keep our shirts on and take our bras off. My husband Rupert thinks it's the funniest thing he has ever seen - especially when I take off all my clothes and come to bed after doing the bra thing). Anyway, this time I just take off my bra, with the intention of hanging it outside on the front door knob. The plan is that Fred will show up, see a bra on the door knob, come inside and find us all playing "strip Rumoli," HA HA tricked you Fred!

So as I'm going up the stairs to the front door the door begins to open. Ooops! Fred just arrived before I could get the bra on the doorknob.

OOOOPPPPSSS!!! It's not Fred! It's Lucy and Ricky's two kids Little Ricky and Moon Unit, who are 8 and 12 years old, coming home earlier than we thought from a neighbour's where they were watching a video!!

I skedaddle back downstairs and run to the dining room to warn everyone to get their clothes on, but they are all laughing too hard at Lucy in her bra, and I am quasi-hysterical already at the thought of the boys walking in on our "strip Rumoli," so the best I can do is fall on the floor and scream and choke - no talking available.

The boys walk in to this charming scene and stand goggle-eyed for about 2 minutes before running out of the room to the safety of the basement. We all laugh for about 25 minutes. After that I couldn't talk because I think I ruptured a vocal cord. Oh yeah, after that, Ricky tried on my bra, but it doesn't suit him.

So now you know what we do for fun around here on a Friday night.

I am still laughing.

question: how would you explain this to the kids if it were your kids?

mompoet: I still haven't figured out how to put my bra back on without taking off my shirt

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh. My. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard! What a funny story! Thank you for sharing.

Here with FFMB. Have a great weekend!

Stephen Cummings said...

Hilarious.

mompoet said...

oh well, I hope you will still all be my friends now that you know what kind of a person I am
mp

Anonymous said...

well,
I had no idea the suburbs were so much fun...
My friday night posts have been tired and almost glaringly embarrasing in comparison.
Just thought I'd check in...haven't been here in a while.

mompoet said...

Thanks Magpie. Good to know you visited. You never can tell what's happening in these quiet brown townhouses...
mp