Friday, July 01, 2005

Something Really Icky

My dad sent me this link. Check out the slideshow if you can bear to look at skin that will never be the same again.

We had poison ivy in Ohio where I come from, but I don't think there's any in Port Moody, or on the west coast in general. Let me know if you know different. I have run through stinging nettles at Deception Pass State Park, but that was my fault for crashing through the bushes like Rambo. It was fun, but it wasn't worth it. I have also been tangled in blackberry and devil's club, but not at the same time, and I was once thrown into a cedar hedge, which resulted in prolonged itching.

Still, nothing as bad as the pictures in the slide show.

question: how far west does poison ivy grow?

mompoet - hugging trees carefully

No comments: