Thursday, July 07, 2005

wuddaday

Oooomph. Now I have 3 days off. yeah!

Today I worked from 7:15am-9:15pm. I went out to a Japanese restaurant for lunch but it was a lunch meeting so we talked and jotted notes and ate. I still had a good day. I visited camp and ran errands for the staff. I learned how to make prints from a digital camera memory card at a self-serve machine (the volunteers thought that was funny), got photographed doing my impression of Cousin It from the Addams Family, worked on budget for 2 hours here, 1.753 hours there, talked to camper parents on the phone, had a meeting with the chief budget pooh-bah who is really nice and answered all of my questions. I broke 3 mechanical pencils, spilled water all over my desk, went to Costco twice but avoided MalWart, and photocopied about a hundred pages one at a time with the fax machine when the photocopier got irreversibly jammed. I missed campfire but I got to hold a puppy and I drove around with a soccer ball on the front seat floor of the car which if actually fun because you can try to drive very gently so it doesn't roll around. Not a good idea when the light turns green. People behind you don't like it. If I was a kid today, I would be diagnosed with ADD, but I'm an adult, so I'm multi-tasking and thinking outside of the box.

I thought about synethesia today. When my mind is going a million miles an hour part of it gets hooked into some abstract thought with obsessive interest. But now I'm just thinking about sleeping. One good thing, I turned on the crock pot in the morning so there was bean soup still warm when I got home, and nobody needed me to go to a store.

Go go go go go go go go go go stop (the shape of those words smells blue like hydrangea and vibrates like plastic zipper teeth)

question: Do you think smoked salmon sushi roll sounds like San Francisco?

mompoet - polysynaptic blip

No comments: