Thursday, July 14, 2005

I am on Vacation

Today I learned that I can take good photographs with a digital camera. I have been a 35mm slr holdout for a couple of years but I caved and tried the little digital camera that Andy bought about 6 months ago. It works. I have to get used to looking at a moving image in a viewfinder, and there's more of a delay between intention and capture than with a film camera, but I can get used to it. I took a really cool photo of a small girl who had just let go of a bow string. The arrow was gone, but her hand was still shaped like string-release and also like surprise. It's a good picture.

I still have not learned to post photos on my blog so I can't share it here. Oh well, one thing at a time.

Work is done, at least for the next two weeks. I found out yesterday afternoon that they are going to paint all of the offices at my work while I am away. Ooops, somehow I didn't get the email a week or so ago. Luckily I got curious when there were paint chips everywhere and maintenance guys sticking their noses into my office. So I had time to pack up my bric a brac and get the art and calendar off the walls. My office is 5-sided and the smallest in the place, but I love it. the fifth wall is perfect for a painting. The walls will be beige or blue when I return. They haven't decided yet (the deciders, not the walls). (notbeigenotbeigenotbeigenotbeige) I hope they will be blue.

Most of what we need is packed for our camping trip that begins tomorrow. Dog and cat care is arranged. I washed and chopped fruit and veggies so I will have something nice when the festival of potato chip eating begins. I have 4 novels and two books of poetry and one magazine. I have blank paper. I have a digital camera. I am on vacation.

question: what shape is surprise?

mompoet - 5-sided

No comments: