Wednesday, April 27, 2005

more festival (that's all, I promise)

We drove out to Langley again this afternoon for Kiwanis Festival part two. Daughter did her comedy musical theatre piece. She's a private practiser, so I had heard her through a closed door, but not seen the full act. I know I'm her mom, but it was hilarious. I had to restrain myself from guffawing (guffawing is not appropriate at the music festival). She got a silver for her performance.

I had to leave before the ensemble performance. Her group got gold. So that's all for the festival for this year. She wants to go again next year.

The adjudicator, Nancy Hermiston from the UBC School of Music, was terrific. She encouraged every performer and had useful advice for everyone. We learned a lot just listening to her remarks to all of the singers.

I'm glad our daughter did this. I'm grateful that my work schedule is so flexible that I can get away to take her to things like this. I am so relieved not to live in Langley. It's pretty there, but getting to and from work would take so much time. Port Moody is gooooood.

question: Why is Mount Baker so close once you get over the bridge, but invisible from our side unless you are on Burnaby Mountain?

mompoet - long-haul mom for the short term

No comments: