Friday, February 02, 2007

top of my head blown off

Just a list today of new things that have wrenched my heart with shocks of joy and recognition, popped open the top of my skull and sent my brain cartwheeling into the sky:

  • iWPS registration
  • the bout draw - hooray for all the poets, and now 3 from Vancouver in the show
  • haiku slam (one hand clapping, two hands clapping, no hand clapping)
  • Joaquin Zihuatanejo of Dallas Texas as a super-villain of the barrio
  • Brian Ellis of Cambridge Massachusetts - #95 are you there yet?
  • Evy Gildri-Voyles of Madison Wisconsin boiling the noodles and draining the noodles
  • bamya at Rime Restaurant (mmmm okra)
  • Ansel Appleton of Montague City Massachusetts about love
  • Benjamin IQ Sander of Memphis Tennessee performing without his shades
  • the amazing clockwork of an official bout, like ballet - more work that is apparent to the audience, makes flying look easy (my new heroes - PSi mcs and bout managers)
  • volunteers - oh how I love volunteers - loving to work and working with intelligence and zest
  • my pillow, calling to me sweetly with a song more seductive than any Erotica Reading
I made it home by 1:45am. I felt exhausted, emptied and refilled. More today.

question: have you seen my brain

mompoet - levitating

No comments: