Sunday, February 18, 2007

more port moody film festival

Saturday I spent the day in the theatre. In the morning, I saw the "Community Shorts" show - five short films from around BC - all good! After the showing, there was a cafe discussion, with people who worked on some of the films. That was interesting too. After lunch I saw "Whole New Thing," a coming of age movie set in Nova Scotia. It was great. I felt like I had indulged in a very luxurious day.

In the evening there were more good films, but I'd had enough. We went out for supper with my Mom and Dad, who recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. They didn't want a big party, so we had a nice Thai supper out and dessert back at our place.

Today there are more films, and also Shoreline Writers in the afternoon and church in the morning. I have a hankering for home, though, and I'm trying to memorize a poem, so maybe I'll go to the show, maybe I'll stay home. We'll see. For sure this evening is Sunday supper and home with the family. We all need home base on Sunday evening to get ready for the week ahead.

question: laundry or cinema?

mompoet - wishing I could be two places at the same time

No comments: