Friday, February 16, 2007

Canadian Movies

Its the Port Moody Film Festival this weekend. This year's festival is all Canadian works. There are so many intriguing offerings, I wish I could just go to every one, but there are other things to do, so I'll have to choose. Last night I saw Eve and The Fire Horse, and attended the opening Popcorn Gala. It was sold out by the time we went to buy tickets, but we got in on standby. What a good movie that was! I'll post a haiku review separately.

At home this morning in my pajamas, I watched Douglas Coupland's Souvenir of Canada, also very good.

So I think I have a theme going this weekend.

question: appreciated anything Canadian lately?

mompoet - O CANADA!

ps - It was very funny to see the priest in Eve and the Firehorse played by Alan Cedergreen who was our "Widow Twanky" in the Aladdin Panto this Christmas.

No comments: