Sunday, October 22, 2006

More Halloween

Andy and the girls (Fi and some friends) decorated the carport yesterday afternoon. It's kooky and spooky and lovely. We might get a giant pumpkin today. We'll wait to see if the Great Pumpkin drops one off.

I'm just thinking about the clown hat that I mentioned in an earlier post. It happened about 10 years ago. I sewed matching clown outfits for the kids and me. They were beautiful: red and black with dots, strips and rick-rack, pompoms and ruffles. Harlequin-style and elegant, if I do say so myself. The sewing pattern included dunce-style caps which I stiffened with some sturdy iron-on interfacing and secured with elastic chin-strings. When we got dressed on Halloween night to go out, Andy looked at the 3 of us and said

"Klown Klux Klan."

Now I don't really like the hats so much. He's right, you know. They do look like that.

That's the story of the clown costumes. Maybe I'll post a photo on Wednesday.

question: will you dress up for Halloween this year?

mompoet - creating faux pas and floobdobbles from time to time

No comments: