Sunday, October 02, 2005

A good, good day

They came, we planted. It was good. I made it to Saturday, grateful for a sunny afternoon with lots of help from everyone involved in the project. About 100 people walked up the trail to the meadow and dug in to plant native ferns and shrubs and small trees near the banks of Eagle Creek. Fabulous volunteers helped put up signs, serve hot chocolate, paint faces, lug pots and shovels and dig, dig, dig. A couple of local politicians came and one media person, but mostly it was the moms and kids and adults of all ages, sharing in the work of bringing a bit of nature to the city. Evergreen is a wonderful organization that does this full time. I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with their good people. This day could have been a royal disaster due to my oversight about booking the facility. I'm grateful that I detected my error in time to fix it, and even more grateful for all of the people who cheerfully came to my aid with the recovery plan. I am happy and relieved and glad that it is Sunday. I hope that I get a chance to do this again.

question: how was your Saturday?

mompoet - breathing out gently

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I skim a lot of blogs and just came across yours - not sure how I got here. Nevertheless, if you are interested in jello parachutes you should check my new blog. It's mostly about jello parachutes but also about earwigs. Keep up the good work.

Elmo www.spambamalamadingdong.bla