Thursday, October 06, 2005

CONGRATULATIONS ROBIN!

My friend Robin will get her university diploma (BGS) tomorrow. She has studied, one course at a time, juggling this with work (she works with me - so it can't be all bad), a baby (now in grade 1) a husband (who does the dishes) 2 dogs and assorted other happy obligations (did I mention she helps care for preschool nephew and twin nieces?)

Anyway. She made it.

CONGRATULATION ROBIN!

You are smart and brave and optimistic and kind. You are a fine priority-picker and an example of grace under pressure. You managed teething+midterms, performance reviews+distance education, daycare+essays, car repairs and renovations+registration. You are amazing, inspiring, a treasure, a gem, absolutely fabulous.

I'll be a big mushball at your convocation tomorrow and I won't be able to say any of this, so I thought I'd just go ahead and make it public. And just in case you're getting a bit mushy right now, I can fix that. Here's your boyfriend. Look at these guys. What about this??? Or this???

There. Now we're laughing again.

I love-a love-a you! Congratulations.

question - did you ever feel so proud of someone you could just burst?

mompoet - just proud, that's all

No comments: