Friday, January 19, 2007

Sundance

Oh, would I ever like to go to the Sundance Film Festival.

Here's an article about Steve Buscemi
. One of my favourite actors.

I am now officially procrastinating by blogging, so I will list the rest of my favourite actors (male only - I'll think about female actors another time), and also my non-favourites. Then I will go to work (maybe).

Favourites besides Steve Buscemi

Tim Robbins
Ed Harris
Edward Norton
Michael Caine
Anthony Hopkins
Gary Busey
Rob Schneider
John Candy (I miss him)


Used to like them but not so much anymore

Gary Sinese
Robert DeNiro

Un-favourites - not that they're bad, I just don't get what all the fuss is about

Brad Pitt
Russell Crowe
Hugh Grant - okay, he's bad. I call him "Mr. Stammer and blink." I don't think he acts. I think he just shows up as Mr. Hugh Grant and that's old now.

So now you know that I can be kind of mean when I'm procrastinating. I will now stop, and go to work and be nice, but on the way I'll stop by the video store, return Absurdistan and find something else good.

question: what do you do when you are procrastinating?

mompoet - clickety click

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact is that Hugh grant doesn't stammer or blink in real life, what he does is actually a craft as colin firth pointed out.

And if you were to check out some of his less famous films, you'll see that he has played a whole variety of roles - it is just fashionable to dismiss him because he is so popular. Check out An Awfully big Adventure for starters.

mompoet said...

Wow, Anonymous, I just looked up Hugh Grant on IMDB, and he has made a bunch of movies I have not seen or heard of - lots of TV credits too. I am totally open to changing my opinion, so I'll try to get ahold of An Awfully Big Adventure.

Just to note: my "stammer and blink" assessment comes from when I saw Sense and Sensibility after Four Weddings and a Funeral. I thought Hugh Grant was adorable in Four Weddings, especially when he quoted the lyrics of the Partridge Family's "I think I love you." Then he appeared to be exactly the same person, but in period clothing, in Sense and Sensibility. I also saw Bridget Jones Diary and Notting Hill and got pretty much the same impression. But maybe I'm being unfair. I'll also try to re-watch at least one of those. I would like to not think mean things about any actor.

I'll get back to you with a new post in a week or two.
mp