Friday, March 18, 2005

I thought everyone did this

Everyone at cycle class laughed their heads off this morning and the teacher gave me that "be quiet now so I can teach" look. I think I released too much information again.

We were talking about Easter chocolate during the warmup, and the teacher was promising to bring some for us next week (most of us work out so we can eat, after all). I mentioned how I had read that chocolate containes a compound called theobromine which is very nutritious, so we should all have a small amount of good quality dark chocolate every day. Then I mentioned how I have a chocolate bar in my underwear drawer all the time, and I just eat a little bit every day. That's when everyone laughed their heads off.

Geeezz. It's clean underwear! And if I had a chocolate bar anywhere else in the house the teenagers would gobble it in no time! Oh well, a couple of the moms looked at me with understanding eyes while they were falling off their bikes laughing.

By the way, I keep these items in my underwear drawer as well:
  • an exchangeable-head screwdriver
  • scissors
  • scotch tape
  • underwear
Nobody takes anything from there. Nobody even looks. If I wanted to hide a gold bar or a fugitive, that's where I'd put it/him/her. Safe place.

Question: Where do you put stuff you don't want anyone to steal?

mompoet - please tell me I'm not the only one.

No comments: