Friday, March 04, 2005

Events-o-rama!

So except for going to visit my new doctor (who is two years younger than my little brother which is still hard to get used to) all I have been doing today is sending out promo emails about the Port Moody Poetry Slam. So while I'm in the mood, and to prevent myself from boring you with personal health information....

Port Moody Arts Festival 4th Annual Poetry Slam
A rambunctious evening of spoken word performance and competition. Cash prizes, open mic and delicious tapas. Feature poet: Fernando Raguero.
Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2005
Time: 7:00pm (Sign up for competition or open mic at 6:30)
Location: Charlie's Cafe, 2414 St Johns Street, Port Moody
(Just over 30 minutes by transit from Commercial Skytrain Station. Transfer at Lougheed Skytrain Station to #97 or #148 bus. Get off at St Johns and Queens Street.)
Admission: $5 at the door (includes $5 voucher towards food)
Contact: Sue McIntyre udapoet2@yahoo.ca or Port Moody Arts Centre 604 931-2008.
This event is hosted by the Shoreline Writers' Society and Port Moody Arts Centre Society.

okay okay I just cut and pasted but there it is.

But this is the most fun you will have in Port Moody on a Wednesday night, I GUARANTEE IT!

So I hope you will come.

Also:

Tuesday March 8, Fundraiser for Canadian Festival of Spoken Word at Cafe Deux Soleils 2096 Commercial - a whole lineup of fabulous spoken word artists including Coquitlam/The World's own Barbara Adler.

Monday March 21, 9pm (doors at 8) Sistahood Slam at Cafe Deux Soleils also. Irene and I are in the lineup of invited poets to celebrate the Sistahood Festival with an evening of spoken word.

Okay, now I gotta go type a bunch of minutes. But I did have roti and ginger beer for lunch (burp).

Question: is this really a day off?

mompoet - communing with my computer

No comments: