Friday, October 19, 2007

The Number 14

I finally caught the bus. After 15 years of this show touring, I finally went to see it. My friend Robin treated me to an early birthday gift, with a performance of The Number 14 at Shadbolt Centre in Burnaby. This is a show about people on a bus in Vancouver. There are 6 actors who sing, dance, mime, work with puppets and masks and perform broad physical comedy and acute social commentary. The program notes say:

"Our inspiration has been Commedia dell-arte, Monty Python, silent movies, Mr. Bean vaudeville and ritual."

Robin and I laughed our heads off for the whole 2 hours. It was wonderful. If you still haven't bought your bus pass, get one and see this show.

question: did you ever mean to do something for a long time, then finally do it, and wonder why you didn't do it sooner?

mompoet - lucky that there's usually more than one chance to do a good thing

No comments: