Saturday, June 16, 2007

maple ridge slam







I went to the Maple Ridge Poetry Slam last night. It's held at the Ridge Roasting Company Cafe, the third Friday of each month. Devon and Maris Goodman organize it. It's a youthful, exuberant, lovely fresh slam - a treat to be part of. I was the "feature poet" offering a 20 minute set of my own poems in between the first and second rounds of the slam. Here are some photos.

question: do you know what they shout at the host of the Maple Ridge Slam when she announces a time penalty?

mompoet - it was hard to make out, but I think it was something about a horse pooping on your head

3 comments:

Carol said...

I would've liked to have been there!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I would have loved to have been there -- wish we had things like that here.

Carol said...

Are you sure they don't, J. Andrew?