Monday, August 01, 2005

pIckLEs**$%!!



That header is for my niece Maya, who wrote a hilarious poem that uses only one word, "pickles," over and over and over. I think it also includes eating and throwing pickles which are stored loose in pants and jacket pockets. She wants me to perform it at the bad poetry slam, but I said it's her poem so I'd be disqualified. She'll have to come and do it herself. I'll provide the pickles and do the laundry after.

Today in a final burst of pre-return-to-work productivity I canned 20 pounds of dill cukes. I'm on the list at the produce store so the guy will call me when the good stuff comes in. These are definitely good. The dog and me crunched quite a few just raw and fresh as I worked. Yum.

Jamming, pickling, canning, wine-making...these things all make me feel happy. Good stuff for my family and to give as gifts. Food that is totally pure and nutritious and sometimes cheaper than the store bought alternative, and always tastier, well, except for the wine, but it's cheaper for sure.

So I'm ready to go back to work, yes I am. I'll take some pickles with me.

question: did you ever listen for jar lids to make that happy sNaP!!!?

mompoet - dome-estic

No comments: