Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend - the list

I have enjoyed a great 6-day break from work and routine. Today is day 6 of 6, so I am looking back. Here's what-all happened.

  • I got a haircut.
  • I swept the winter blowdown off the deck.
  • I bought vegetables and reorganized the fridge.
  • My sister and her family arrived from Cranbrook.
  • My family and I spent lots of time at Mom and Dad's place, visiting with the whole big family.
  • I attended church twice (Good Friday and Easter Sunday).
  • I lounged at my parents' place with my Mom, Dad and sister while the girl teenagers had a supper party at our house and the boy teenagers and husbands went to the hockey game.
  • I chatted on the phone with various friends.
  • I finished reading a novel.
  • I worked on a poem.
  • I wrote morning pages.
  • I saw the movie The Counterfeiters.
  • I shopped at T&T Supermarket.
  • I went for some nice long walks outdoors.
  • I roasted a turkey and made mashed potato casseroles.
  • I didn't let anyone else mess with the gravy.
  • I played home-made balderdash with the whole big family. Now everyone calls Grandma "Gumma" which is really gross if you know the definition of gumma.
  • I finally had supper at Cap Hill Szechuan with my sister and her family and my family and my Mom and Dad. Sister and family have been waiting 2 and a half years for this.
  • I played Apples to Apples with some of the family.
  • I hid Easter baskets for the teenagers.
  • I hunted for chocolate eggs, hidden by the teenagers for the adults.
  • I drove various kids around in my car.
  • I gave my car to my son to drive various cousins around in.
  • I painted my toenails.
  • I slept in.
  • I read newspapers and magazines.
It was a nice break.

question: what did you do for Easter weekend?

mompoet - going back to work tomorrow, rested and replenished


Kristene said...

Well, it's technically fall here but you wouldn't know it. Our little lagoon is full of newly hatched, juvenile fish so I spent most of this weekend visiting with the new arrivals. The whole reef seems caught up in the excitement of fresh finny faces - everybody is out of their hiding spots and swimming around.

Life abounds!

The islanders celebrated with a big cricket match yesterday,which always makes scootering interesting as the road is considered part of the pitch!

Glad you enjoyed your hoppy holidays!

Pearl said...

wow, that sounds like a fab Easter. "I didn't let anyone else mess with the gravy." made me chuckle. Nothing spectacular here. No kids, no eggs, no family celebration, a meal with the folks. A lovely day off with the hub being around home and each other.