Friday, January 04, 2008

Wax Poetic

My friends Steve Duncan, RC Weslowski and Diane Laloge host a weekly show on Co-op Radio, FM 102.7 in Vancouver. This week I was invited to join some other poets who host poetry events and organizations, to talk on the show about 2007's highlights and plans for 2008. Steve took some photos during the show, and posted them on the Wax Poetic blog.

All of these people I know already. We have discussed experiences, challenges and aspirations as poetry organizer people. It was good to be part of a 30 minute wrap-up of all of these things. Reflecting together with two skilled and gracious hosts (Diane was away) was a good way to mark the turning of the year.

If you live in Vancouver, and haven't listened to Wax Poetic, please do. It's on Wednesdays at 2pm year-round. 102.7 FM or listen on the web. There's a link on the blog.

question: do you like the radio?

mompoet - I like

2 comments:

Muhd Imran said...

Should be an interesting time for you. What a great opportunity!

I love the radio for the latest music though. I listen the internet radio on iTunes while I surf and blog.

Hope your days will continue to be great this new year.

Pearl said...

that's cool. Wish I could have heard it live. Everything should be podcasted. From the pics, looks like fun.