Tuesday, January 29, 2008

special sky morning this friday

Venus and Jupiter will be aligned so they appear very close together at dawn on Friday. Here's the link for more info about how to find them.

Included in the article is an explanation of why this phenomenon is so compelling to the human brain.

Ever since I saw Saturn through a big telescope, or probably before that when my dad gave me the moon, then later when we looked at stars as close as our nose from high mountain meadows, I have liked to look at the sky and think about the things in it.

question: will you tell me if you see them?

mompoet - holding you (and you) in my fovea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With my luck, it will probably rain, as when the leonids were showering.It so happens I know I'll be up a little late tomorrow.Or early.