In the past few days we
- Saw my brother Mike, his wife Emily and their four beautiful children, in town from Prince Rupert. Their baby Daniel is amazing, and eldest son James (7) explained the basics of Facebook to me. Sara and Katie are lovely girls. It's been a while since we've seen them, or Michael and Emily, so it was a good reunion.
- Discovered there's a s 10 Thousand Villages Store in Port Coquitlam.
- Went out for supper with Andy, Fiona and Alex.
- Celebrated Alex's service award and excellent performance review at his summer job. They have already invited him back for next year's fair, and invited him to a banquet honouring great workers (there will be prizes!)
- Visited the historic cannery in Steveston Village.
- Met Michele and Brent's new puppy, Jackson. He is a cutey, and Sienna is getting used to her new "brother" just fine.
- Got Alex his parking pass for the high school student parking lot.
- Participated in the online forum launching the Mary Novik's Conceit and Gail Anderson Dargatz's Turtle Valley.
Our vacation has been wonderful. Staying home was the best choice we could have made. It will be good to get back to work and have a bit of a rest!
question: how much fun can you fit into two weeks at home?
mompoet - full up to bursting