Wednesday, June 22, 2005

splinters

Tonight we celebrated my Dad's 70th birthday. His birthday was really on Sunday, but that was Father's Day so we postponed the birthday for a couple of days so he wouldn't be cheated out of dinner and gifts and cards. Mom made delicious supper and we ate on the porch at their place. It was good. For his birthday I gave him Chinese beer. For Father's Day I gave him a promise of a walk around Burnaby Lake with a sushi lunch at Piper Spit. Dad says he'll carry the sushi in his napsack. Darn, we were going to set the date tonight. Dad, I'll call you.

Today I went to an ERP meeting at work. We're switching over all of our little old business systems to a new, big, integrated, state of the art system. Because I am fearless around computers (not good, just fearless) I always go to stuff like this, and I usually get to represent my work group in info sessions, focus groups and reporting back. So I might get to be a "subject matter expert." That's more of the soft squishy stuff in between the automation and the people who have to use it that I like so much. What does ERP stand for? You decide.

Daughter won two academic awards at her school assembly today: Grand Honour Roll (all "A"s all year except 1 "B" allowed per term) and Super G (top effort marks in all subjects every term). I sneaked out of work and back in to see the ceremony. Andy made it too. The choir sang again. I didn't know until after but Andy was playing with cracking the girl up with goofy smiles while she sang. He didn't really, though.

I got my hip and spine x-rayed today for bone density testing. I saw the top of my femur which was very cool. It's smaller than I thought. My spine is bigger than I thought. They both looked mighty fine and dense and solid to me but I am not a bone density tester so I'll have to wait a few days for the results.

Tomorrow I will post a sound journal about Edith Piaf (finally) I am still listening to lots of music, just not analysing it so much or at least not writing about it.

Ladeez in the 'Hood are having a summer night out this weekend. We're going Robson shopping, which I don't get but I'll go along just like with the Whistler shopping. Just being with them is fun. I always find the one awful thing in a nice store and die laughing and have to get dragged out. Good thing they love me. We're going out for dinner and martinis then sleeping downtown (in a nice hotel, not on a bench) so we don't have to drive home after martinis. Actually, I'm going to drink wine because martinis make me barf. Well, maybe one martini. But not some goofy blue chocolate pineapple upside down martini. A real martini.

I bought some new forks. I'm sick of eating spaghetti with chopsticks.

Second day of summer was splintery but I made it. Need more sleep now.

question: whuuu?

mompoet - ERRRRP

No comments: