Friday, June 17, 2005

paranoid tinnitus

I was in the changeroom at the gym the other day and I heard a drill-like sound coming from behind the lockers. They're always fixing something at that old rec centre (Kathy, I put that comment in for you) so I figured they were working in the men's changeroom which is on the other side of the wall. Later when I got out of the shower after my workout, I heard the same sound, but this time from the other side of the room, but I didn't think much of it. Out in the parking lot I thought I heard a lawnmower in the distance. Wow, I thought. Lotta buzzy noises today. Oh well.

I went to my office and did some work, then headed out to a meeting. As I opened the trunk I heard a low buzzing sound coming from inside my car. At this point I wondered for a fleeting moment if I was crazy, or maybe if there was a hornet's nest in my trunk which you will know is possible if you've ever looked at the mess in there. But it was nothing like that.

My electric toothbrush had activated itself in my gymbag. I reckon is was brushing teeth in there from 8:15-11:45am. Luckily without toothpaste.

So while I still struggle with a bit of an obsession about slippery teeth, I am not, for the time being at least, paranoid or hearing the voice of the water pik saying "flosss and brussshhhh flossss and brusshhhh flosssssssss annnnddddd bruuuusssshhhhh."

Also my arteries are not hardening. Or if they are they are doing so very quietly so far.

question: did I ever tell you about the time I thought I had an unhinged jaw but it was really my bra making a noise?

mompoet - not a good listener, but I hear things sometimes

No comments: