Monday, June 06, 2005

cookie dough

Our son made cookies tonight. He used the big bag of chocolate easter eggs that I forgot to bring to Cranbrook. Somehow we got the idea that it would be better to use this surplus chocolate for cookies than it would be just to eat it. More healthy somehow. But guess what's in the cookies? Butter, sugar, sugar, eggs and white flour. So we're just making more goo. But it is good goo. As good as the cookies taste when made with chocolate chips, they are even better made with chopped up eggs or bunny chunks.

I helped unwrap the eggs and chop them into big bits. It is necessary for me to be part of the cookie-making because I am the magic maker of chocolate chip cookies. Ever since my mom turned me loose in the kitchen to cook on a step stool when I was 5 years old I have made the absolutely best chocolate chip cookies in the world. People ask me to marry and/or adopt them when they taste these cookies. I can get anyone to do anything by offering a cookie as payment. Now my young ones are learning the magic. Just following the recipe does not work. You have to diverge from the recipe just right - like Luke Skywalker learned to use the force. In time they will make the cookies when I am far away. For now, I must be in the room or they are just cookies. When we make them together they have secret powers.

I am not exaggerating. Ask anyone who knows these cookies.

question: right?

mompoet - trust the force, Luke

No comments: