Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Julie and Julia

I like pretty much every movie that Meryl Streep has ever been in. (except maybe that white water family abduction one) I loved Julie and Julia. Meryl Streep plays Julia Child. It is just a delicious movie about love and food and doing something with one's life.

Now I want to cook things with butter, but instead I am cooking things with fruit and vegetables. I did take my 2 ounce hoard of butter out of the freezer and offer it with corn and new potatoes for our supper on Monday (salmon fillets and green beans rounded out the meal). It is better tasting than margarine, and in reasonable amounts, better for us.

On the weekend, Cathy has promised to cook boeuf bourginon We have been discussing all week how you pronounce it. Looking at the movie, it seems to be a simple but delicious beef stew. Cathy has actually looked at the recipe, so I am sure it will be delicious. Cathy will cook this for us at the mansion on the rock. It's our annual ladeez weekend on the Sunshine Coast, which consists mostly of food, wine, staying up late, beach walks, laughter, wine, good books, music, deck-sitting, hot tub, and now, with boeuf bourginon.

I have a few more movies on my catch-up list, but they'll have to wait until after the weekend.

question: have you seen Julie and Julia?

mompoet - life is delicious

No comments: