Monday, June 16, 2008

dreambit

I am in my car. I sit in the backseat. Two preschool-age kids sit in the front seat. I realise that the car is moving backwards very fast. The kids are calm. I am mostly calm. I say, "See that pedal down there? (brake) Can you reach it?" Kids can't. I say, "I am coming to the front seat now." Car is speeding faster and faster. Kids are calm. I am not. I get in the front seat, take the wheel, apply the brake, shift to drive. Now driving forward on the wrong side of the road. Big truck coming. Truck transforms into gathering of women from Bountiful (a polygamist community in eastern BC). They are walking around the car. Women are calm. I drive slowly, respectfully. Child in car asks, "Who are those ladies in dresses?" Alarm rings. 6am. I wake up.

question: what dreams do you dream?

mompoet - REMembering

3 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Wow! You have some crazy dreams! :)
I rarely have dreams. Actually, I don't even remember the last time I had one. (that may explain why I'm like I am. :)

Pearl said...

neat dream.

Love REMembering. :)

Muhd Imran said...

Thoughts and last few visuals manifest our dreams... if we can remember them all once awake.

That is one interesting dream. You saved the kids! You also provide info on such an existence of polygamy in your country.

Interesting to know more about it.