Tuesday, November 13, 2007

did you notice

I went for a whole, long, quiet day Monday (a holiday from work) at home without reading, tv or radio, and no whining? I didn't do anything spectacular. Mostly puttered, cooked, organized a cupboard or too, talked to my family, walked the dog. In the evening I went out to a meeting but all day long I was with myself without wanting to bolt or zone out with reading. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, I did want to read, but not desperately so. I went online and learned how to post announcements to the Vancouver Poetry House website, and how to update the Volunteer page, for which I am responsible. So I read a bit doing that, but it was okay.

Two more days after today. I can manage it. The weekend was the dark forest of long stretches and I walked through the woods with myself for company, at peace with my own thoughts.

Tonight I came home early from work and crafted an awesome lettuce wrap supper. This recipe requires lots of fine mincing and coordinating times that food is hot and ready to serve. I even deep-fried vermicelli noodles for an authentic presentation. It was good. And I know the recipe by heart, so I didn't even have to read it.

question: what do you like to do when you have time to putter?

mompoet - puttering is the imagination in freefall mode

1 comment:

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, look at you Miss Thing...are you becoming a domestic goddess? Love that you used your creativity to serve your family....I do miss you and your thought provoking comments that make me dig a little deeper into my circumstances.

You go girl....waving you on to the finish line!