Sunday, May 27, 2012

garage sale

Our community garage sale took place this weekend. We didn't sell anything this year, but we had lots of fun prowling around looking at what our neighbours had to sell. I bought a couple of things. The pictures tell the story:

Karen tried to get me to buy these glasses. I said no thanks but I did accept the King Kong coffee mug. Karen gave it to me for free. I can't wait to show the seniors this one at coffee time!
I really liked this chair that our Adam and Stephanie had for sale, but no room in our home, alas. Andy bought 2 Samsonite suitcases from them for $5 each, but he wouldn't pose for a photo.
Lola, who is 5 years old, was selling lemonade. That's her little brother Coulson, helping. Andy and I each had a glass each, a wonderful refreshment for just 25 cents each.
And this is my big find of the day. Six beautiful wine glasses for $12. I looked them up online and found out I really did get a good deal. On the other hand, they are available through other suppliers.

Later in the day we had our traditional neighbours sitting outside to have a drink and enjoy the beginning of the summer. It was a lovely day!

question: do you sell or shop at garage sales?

mompoet - enjoying the annual exchange of stuff we don't need, for stuff you don't need

No comments: