Friday, March 26, 2010

delegation (a prayer)

Dear God, please bless and protect these people whose names I list now. Heal their illness, keep them safe on their journeys, help them weather the storms through which they pass. Help me to love and care for those who I take as my own to love and care for. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Dear husband, please take this list into your care. On your way home, please buy eggs, milk, bread and broccoli (2 bunches). Pick up our daughter from rehearsal and deliver her to dance class. Help me to love and care for those who I take as my own to love and care for, as I love and care for you, xox.

Dear children, please pack some of this banana bread in your lunches today. There are nice apples in the bowl on the table too. Assemble for yourselves healthy meals to help you go through the day with energy and happiness. Help me to love and care for you, who I take as my own to love and care for. Hugs, Mom.

Dear self, please remember to take these books back to the library, and pack your shoes for the gym at lunch. Get some of that banana bread, for it will surely be gone by the time you return. Pack an apple and drink your water. Care for yourself so that you may care for those who you choose to love. Love yourself and your life, so that you may do these things with joy. In the name of all great blessings and small wonders, Amen.

question: what's your prayer?

mompoet - trusting

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like that, MP ~ very cheery, full of love!