Tuesday, August 31, 2004

A Good Place

I love the Port Moody Library. I was there with my daughter last night. Besides getting some great books we were helped to find materials not in the collection. My daughter wants to read a The Misfits by James Howe. We listened to the story on CD when we were on vacation this summer, so now she wants the book. The librarian arranged an inter-library loan. When the book gets to our branch she'll receive a call and can go borrow it with her Port Moody card. I want to see the video Slam Nation by Paul Devlin. The librarian filled out a purchase request and said he thought they would agree to buy it for the library. I also dropped off a signed contract for the workshop that Shoreline Writers' Society will offer in October. We're putting on a free beginner afternoon workshop called Just Write at the library on Saturday, October 2nd, 1:30-4:30pm. We hope to get some people who have been wanting to start writing or get more involved in writing, and maybe attract some new members to our group.

I returned The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. It was awesome. Seven day express loan was no problem for me. What a great book. I cried at the end. But I cry at the end of Candian Living, the Vancouver Sun and instructions for cooking raman noodles, so don't take that as an indicator. Seriously, it was fantastic. Now I'm reading The Book of Illusions by Paul Auster. It's a novel about a college professor who loses his family, then discovers the work of a little known silent movie actor and writes a book about him. I have 3 weeks with this one, but I think I'll gobble it up too. One more week before the kids go back to school. I might as well gorge on reading while I have time!

Breakfast is ready, the house is quiet, I have a good book. What am I doing sitting at the computer?

Today's question: Do you have a time of day when you get up early or stay up late or otherwise steal a moment to do what you want to do?

mompoet - delightfully off-kilter but it is 6:30am


No comments: