Thursday, May 18, 2006

summer is soon

And I have passed through the portal of equinox funk to loving the light again. It always happens this way, but every year I dread the transition. phew. It's done. I even wore shorts yesterday, and I bought some new summery-salmon toe varnish. The Victoria Day long weekend begins tomorrow, and with it the official lounging in our carports season of neighbourly suburban drinking on the street while our children play hockey and ride bikes. It's one week to the giant garage sale and first mega-potluck of the outdoor eating-together season too. I've begun watering plants in the morning, and walking the dog without putting on a coat. Now I'm ready for summer. Bring me summer!

question: what's your favourite time of year?

mompoet - guess I better shave my legs, huh?

2 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

warm, warm, warm!!!!! I hate cold!!
happy friday!

Anonymous said...

ewwwwwww! mom! that's unnecissary information!