Sunday, March 11, 2012

extra day update

On February 29, I wrote about half a dozen letters to people I know, telling them how much I appreciate them. It took me a few days to get them delivered and mailed. In fact, I still have two sitting on my desk, but they'll be delivered soon.

I have been enjoying my family and friends' reaction to the letters. I knew that it would make them feel happy to know how much I like them, and to be able to receive that information and soak it up and re-read it in their own time. Everyone who has received a letter has let me know that it was a good thing. I am so glad I did it. It's just easier to write down what is specifically and uniquely special about a person than it is to lay it out in ordinary conversation.

The other thing that happened is that I realised I have a really long list of people who I appreciate. So, if you know me and have not received a letter, and have reason to believe that I appreciate you, please know that I will try not to wait four more years to write some more letters. It feels good to do it, and it feels good to find out that others feel good receiving it. It's worth making time for, even when it's not a leap year.

question: have I told you lately that you are wonderful?

mompoet - I like telling you!

No comments: